Saturday, October 15, 2011

Why I Picked Seven Deadly Sins by Corey Taylor

I have been a huge fan of Corey Taylor's work as the lead vocalist in both Slipknot and Stone Sour since I was in fourth grade, and my view towards him has not changed since then; I still think he's a genius. Nobody believes that the singer of a metal band is allowed to have brains, and I wanted to read this book so that I could prove them wrong.

I had heard about this book before it was released and I was interested immediately. I'm already 40 pages into the book and I am in no way regretting my choice; I have agreed completely with everything Taylor has had to say so far and I'm honestly excited to read more, I would really reccomend this book to anyone, although the vulgar language may be too much for some readers.

"Anyway, between Tony Robbins and Dianetics, I really do not know what the hell is going on in the literary world today. People shill get-rich schemes on late-night TV disguised as tax dodges and government grant programs. "Celebrity" wannabes suck off traffic cops once or twice and are thrown book deals like fish to porpoises at Sea World. When Paris Hilton can top the bestseller's list, we are one more Connect Four move closer to Armageddon."
This is one of my favorite quotes from the book so far, I'm really enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment